Medium-open pump is also called single-stage double-suction centrifugal pump. Its main characteristic is that the flow rate of delivery medium is large. When the speed of pump is constant, its pressure head and flow rate are related to the diameter of impeller. Next, the small edition will introduce you to the steps of pump selection, I hope that when you purchase the branch will help you!
1. List the basic data of pumping in operation:
It includes the characteristics of the medium, the particle diameter, the content, the temperature of the medium and the data of the flow and pressure pipeline system.
2. Affirming discharge head:
1. If the minimum, normal and maximum flow rate has been given in the consumption process, it should be considered according to the maximum flow rate.
2. If only the normal flow rate is given in the consumption process, we should consider leaving a certain margin.
For large flow and low head pumps with NS > 100, the flow allowance should be 5%. For small flow and high flow pumps with NS < 50, the flow allowance should be 10%. For pumps with 50 < ns < 100, the flow allowance should also be 5%. For pumps with poor quality and poor operation conditions, the flow allowance should be 10%.
3. If the basic data only give weight flow, it should be converted into volume flow.